This is a delicious chocolate confectionery playing with 3 different ingredients; chili, chocolate and marzipan. They’re also good looking.
Heavenly good chocolate
Ingredients for about 15 pieces:
- 200 g marzipan.
- 150 g dark chocolate.
- 2 tablespoon whipped cream.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried and grinded red chili.
- 30 g white chocolate for decoration. (you can skip this and use other topping).
PS! All pictures are shot when making 60 pieces.
Temperature is very important when working with chocolate. These are the recommended temperatures:
Cool down temp
Guide part 1:
- Prepare 50 g dark chocolate, 1/2 teaspoon of chili and whipped cream.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons of whipped cream into a large bowl.
- Mix the 1/2 teaspoon fine grinded chili with the whipped cream. Make sure every thing is mixed properly.
- Break up and mince 50 g of the dark chocolate.
Mince the chocolate
- Add the minced chocolate into the chili and whipped cream mix.
- Put the bowl over a saucepan with hot water.
Put over hot water
- Stir slowly while the temperature rises and the chocolate melts.
- Mine was done at about 31.5 Celcius
Melting done chocolate
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and put into the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours.
Guide part 2 (work in progress):
- Cut the marzipan into small slices and place a small ball of your chili chocolate core on top of the slices.
- Make marzipan balls with the chili chocolate as a core
Make marzipan balls
- Melt the rest of the dark chocolate (150 g) and dip your marzipan balls into the liquid chocolate.
Dip marzipan balls
- Melt all of the white chocolate and decorate your marzipan balls
Decorate marzipan balls
- Put into the refrigerator for about 2 hours and you’re done. Bon apetit!
The guide part 2 will be extended with more details in a couple of days…