In my search for the perfect coffee I discovered Hario V60 manual brewing kit some months ago. And it has been my favorite since we first met.
- Hario V60 brewing kit. (Dripper and server)
- Paper filter.
- A good kitchen scale.
- Fresh coffee, beans or grinded.
- Hario kettle or other similar with the possibility to pour the water slowly.
To make the best out of your coffee every day you need a good grinder.
This is how you do it
- Put the Server and dripper on the scale and mount the paper filter.
- Boil some water and pour it on the filter to remove the paper taste.
- Make sure all of the filter is soaked in water.
- Put the fresh grinded coffee into the dripper.
- The weight of the coffee for one cup should be about 20 grams.
- Wait until the water inside the kettle is at 92C before pouring it slowly over the coffee.
- Stop pouring when you have reach approx. 100 grams of water, or all of the coffee is soaked in water. Wait until all of the water has run through the coffee. It should take about 10-15 sec.
- Continue to pour the water slowly and try to cover all of the coffee at all times.
- Stop when you have reach about 310 grams of water (total weight about 330 grams).
- Wait until all of the water has run through the coffee. Max contact time with the coffee should not exceed 3 minutes.
- Pour the coffee into you favorite cup.
- Let it cool down a bit before you enjoy an excellent cup of perfect coffee. I prefer my coffee at about 75C.